Get to know Chip
- Sailing and horseback riding are favorite hobbies
- Loves spending time at his farm in south central Tennessee
- Enjoys going for long rides on his Harley Electroglide Classic motorcycle
- An avid reader who can’t put down a good book on weekends
- Proud graduate of the Navy PA program
Chip Quammen has nearly three decades of healthcare industry experience, half in patient care settings as a physician’s assistant and half leading organizations from executive positions.
With certifications for many clinical software products and vast experience in process, workflow, design, and change management, Chip has all the tools required for successful deployment of systems and technology in healthcare settings. He relishes each opportunity to utilize electronic medical records, related software solutions, and his own expertise to enable providers in the business of care delivery.
Chip’s knowledge covers all of the elements that impact the daily operation and management of healthcare organizations — budgeting, risk management, quality assurance, accounts receivable, human resources, physical plant management, public relations/marketing, and more. Currently, his greatest focus is on clinical medicine and physician activities (CPOE and related topics).
- Senior Consultant and Chief Medical Officer of full-service healthcare IS management and technology consulting firm
- Director of Operations for large multi-clinic, multi-specialty ambulatory/surgical care facility
- Executive Director of two large vertically integrated, multi-site clinic systems with both occupational and orthopedic practices
- Program Director for large hospital-based helicopter, fixed wing, and ground critical care transport system
- Physician Assistant with NCCPA board certification
- Led Prescriptive Privilege initiatives for PAs as President of Georgia Association of Physician Assistants