A 16-year veteran of healthcare information technology, Ossie brings a wide array of skills with special emphasis in implementing the Cerner Millennium Suite across facilities in multiple healthcare systems. In addition to his domain expertise, Ossie initiated a change management methodology to provide structured processes. His areas of expertise include systems selection and assessment, systems redesign, project leadership, systems implementation and enterprise application integration.
As a consultant, he’s been instrumental in the selection and implementation processes for clinical and financial systems for large healthcare providers. His healthcare technology background also includes seven years with a major HIS vendor, where he had responsibility for leading development of a laboratory information system.
- Managed selection process for clinical and financial applications at Northern Arizona Healthcare (NAH)
- Managed NAH Cerner Millennium implementation for three facilities
- Managed Quality Assurance (QA) and Software Configuration teams responsible for QA testing and release management of all software releases
- Organized large projects/system implementations including development of the project charter, change management, standardized tools and methodologies
- Managed the development and delivery of large laboratory and clinical documentation systems
- Managed the software development teams responsible for all off cycle and new software releases