Vice President Consulting Services, Shelley Digiacomo
An accomplished leader with extensive healthcare administration, professional nursing, and information technology experience, Shelley has over thirty years experience in leading organization initiatives to improve patient safety and quality of care while achieving operational efficiencies. She has had management responsibility for daily clinical and IT operations including responsibilities for patient safety and quality programs, budget/financial operations, human resources, environment of care, and patient/physician relations. As an organizational leader, she has extensive enterprise experience in participating and/or leading clinical transformation projects, nursing governance activities, and programs designed to improve the quality, and safety of patient care services.
As a Professional Registered Nurse, Shelley practiced in multiple patient care settings including cardiothoracic, neurology, oncology, and critical care achieving CCRN status. She has led the establishment of an enterprise wide nursing shared governance program. She has served as a liaison to academic programs to facilitate nursing training experiences, as well as on academic advisory committees for recommendation and review of IT curriculum and educational programs.
As an IT professional she has led organizational teams to implement business, financial and clinical systems. Shelley has led clinical projects to achieve transformation in practice by focusing on innovation and the adoption of technology into the clinical processes.
- Vice President of a Health Care Consulting Firm
- Interim Co-CIO of a NCCN Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Director Clinical Systems of a NCCN Comprehensive Cancer Center responsible for all clinical implementations and support services
- Director IT large 900+ bed acute care facility with responsibility for all Information Technology and Telecommunication Services
- Director Applications Development and Support responsible for all Clinical, Business and Web application implementation and support services
- Director Profession Nursing responsible for nursing shared governance practice model including quality program, professional standards, competencies, evidence based practice, and recruitment and retention strategies
- Licensed Professional Registered Nurse and Certified Professional Health Information Management Systems recipient
- Clinical Leader with extensive experience in developing and executing new programs
- Multiple professional committee appointments including HIMSS Personal Healthcare Record Steering Committee, AONE National Technology Task Force, AHA Community Board, AACN Regional Representative, AACN Local Chapter President, and FONE Leadership workgroups.
- Achieved Best Place to Work in IT multiple years; Achieved Most Wired Award 6 years; Recognized with Alumnae Leadership In Healthcare Award
- Multiple Organization/Academic Awards such as Team Excellence in Forerunner Category (Innovation IT), Safety Category (Medication Management), Highest Honors, and Summa Cum Laude