Get to know Shelley:
- Family, friends, and faith come first
- Active member of her church
- Loves boating in sunny Florida
- Enjoys the theatre and live music
- Great listener
By listening to the demands of diverse stakeholders and commanding innovative information technology, Shelley is able to assist in the development of effective organizational strategies that promote the quality and safety of care. She is driven by the opportunity to assist clients in their mission of service to their communities.
In more than 35 years of health care experience, Shelley has served in a variety of clinical roles in acute care settings, including Staff Nurse, Patient Care Coordinator, Manager Critical Care, Director of Professional Nursing, and Project Lead Organizational Development. These experiences have taught her how to listen to the health care concerns of patients and families, and given her a deep understanding of clinical workflows.
Shelley’s experience also includes more than 20 years in the information management and services arena. She has served in a variety of administrative roles, including Director Clinical Systems, Director Applications and Development, Director IT, Interim Co-CIO, and currently, VP.
- Vice President of a Health Care Consulting Firm
- Interim Co-CIO of a NCCN Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Director Clinical Systems of a NCCN Comprehensive Cancer Center responsible for all clinical implementations and support services
- Director IT large 900+ bed acute care facility with responsibility for all Information Technology and Telecommunication Services
- Director Applications Development and Support responsible for all Clinical, Business and Web application implementation and support services
- Director Profession Nursing responsible for nursing shared governance practice model including quality program, professional standards, competencies, evidence based practice, and recruitment and retention strategies
- Licensed Professional Registered Nurse and Certified Professional Health Information Management Systems recipient
- Clinical Leader with extensive experience in developing and executing new programs
- Multiple professional committee appointments including HIMSS Personal Healthcare Record Steering Committee, AONE National Technology Task Force, AHA Community Board, AACN Regional Representative, AACN Local Chapter President, and FONE Leadership workgroups.
- Achieved Best Place to Work in IT multiple years; Achieved Most Wired Award 6 years; Recognized with Alumnae Leadership In Healthcare Award
- Multiple Organization/Academic Awards such as Team Excellence in Forerunner Category (Innovation IT), Safety Category (Medication Management), Highest Honors, and Summa Cum Laude