Get to know Shirley:
- Enjoys every minute she gets to spend with her two rescue dogs — Bernie and Clyde
- Appreciates having a job that provides challenges and fulfillment
- Devotes time to weekend reading to grow personally and professionally
- Avid sports fan, especially college football and basketball (go big blue!)
Shirley is great at troubleshooting problems by digging into the details, distinguishing the symptoms from the root causes, and finding permanent solutions. She enjoys working with people to bring technical solutions, implement change in organizations, minimize manual labor, and automate processes.
In more than 20 years of experience working in all facets of health care IT, Shirley has gained the expertise necessary to successfully implement technology solutions within financial and clinical initiatives. Even changing priorities and dynamic environments are no match for her project leadership, which is defined by strategic vision, planning, and accountability.
Shirley considers her job a series of interesting challenges, not work. She wakes every day with a goal of tasks to accomplish and goals to meet.
She believes in the power of the Soarian Financials and Clinicals products Quammen supports, and she loves showing others how to use them to solve their data needs.
- Health care industry experience includes materials management, accounts payable, payroll, accounting, financials, clinical order, and much more
- Built software products and managed technical staff in all areas of technology, from mainframe to web developers
- Database administration
- Revenue Cycle has been her niche for more than 20 years
- Project leader on five hospital implementations, four with Cerner (formerly Siemens Soarian Financials) and MS4 General Financials
- Lead for integration for financial integration of many clinical projects